BillBelew.com
FocusInspirationMotivation

What's the first thing you do on Mondays?903

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Skip the part about brushing teeth and breakfast and coffee.

Get to the part where you are officially starting off your work week.

What's the very first thing you do?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Although it's contrary to what many gurus teach, I take care of the utility stuff -- email, groups, forums, etc. I don't necessarily read all my mail or respond to every forum, but I at least see what's happening and if there is anything that needs immediate attention.

Depending on my scheduled and/or expected work load, I will respond to some of the interesting or fun stuff as well. Of course, my days typically start about noon, so people often think I wait at least half a day to respond to them.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@Rev

I start my Mondays on Sundays. Sunday is one of my most productive days. I get a lot done. Then ease in to Monday morning feeling like I have a head start on everyone else.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew

I like that!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
I review emails, calendar, etc. At 7am half the country has done half their day.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

That's why I start on Sunday!
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Attempt to complete my own project but in the end checking my emails and respond.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member dono2081 private msg quote post Address this user
First thing on Monday -- KPI for 20 mins.

With that baseline, I know whether I need to put out a technical 'fire' on my site, or can I fulfill one of the other important tasks for the week.

-DonO

My kpi dashboard includes:

total impressions, total organic search, year over year organic search, search/impressions, other referrers, total traffic to the site, new new opt-ins to my list, new opt-ins/total traffic.

I look at the most popular posts for the week and month to see how my rankings have changed. I might shore up a popular post with a link, update or other, as needed.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@dono2081

Wow! Can you do this for me, too?

Seriously, I love numbers. I wish I had a spread sheet like this.

Hmmm... i have VA...maybe I can have her....
Post 9 • IP   flag post
28242 9 9
destitute