BillBelew.com
Business AdviceInspirationProductivitySocial Media

Free Social Media Kit ... sorta915

Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Hubspot (a commercial social media marketing service) is offering a free social media strategy kit. Free, of course, means in exchange for your basic profile information. The kit is available here:

http://offers.hubspot.com/social-media-marketing-strategy

Hubspot is a proponent of inbound marketing. In fact, the term itself is attributed to Brian Halligan, the company founder. Once you are on their list, however, they will contact you aggressively in what could hardly be described as inbound.

They do deliver lots of (free) valuable information in the process.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member EWSarah private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the info Rev! Hubspot is a great service although I've worked with hundreds of clients who prefer to work with an SM manager to get the most out of their brand exposure.
Though free is usually good, if anyone wants to discuss SM management feel free to reach out! Our social media experts have years of experience managing and writing on-point copy for all the major social platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google + and LinkedIn! We typically help with all of the things this kit offers but take the hassle out of doing it by yourself.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Hey @Rev, doesn't Seth Godin get credit for this?
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Hubspot does great research and provides a LOT of valuable information.

Their 'aggressiveness' is the opposite of inbound.

They have deep pockets as well. I read some of their freebies, too.

Here's a link to some research on the number of posts you need to get good results.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@morrnel

In his book "Permission Marketing" (1999) Seth certainly spoke to the concept. Did he ever use the phrase "inbound marketing" though? It's been a while since I read it but I don't recall the phrase there.

Predating Godin a little, Joe Vitale also re-introduced the modern world to the age old concept in his first draft of Spiritual Marketing, originally written privately for his sister (and not publish publicly until 2001). He didn't call it "inbound marketing" either, but the idea was clear.

I did a presentation on inbound marketing a couple of weeks ago and several sources I found in my research each cited Halligan as the first to actually use the term.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@morrnel @Rev

I am not even the first person to use my name!

Bill Belew ... same name, same spelling. Was Elvis's costume designer.

He died a few years back and a whole bunch of people came to my site, "Bill, are you okay?"

Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
Hubspot is a great resourse but as its been well pointed out they DO have an agressive biz dev team. If you fill out a form for anything gated (truthfully) you are than classified as a lead, you will be assigned, and you will be contacted... sometimes within 30 minutes of form submission.

Have you heard of their In-bound Certification course? Its free, it covers a lot of material and you can do it in a couple hours.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Member Ericka private msg quote post Address this user
Tons of GREAT info here folks. Thanks!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@Belew

You should dress better... ;o)
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

Haven't heard of their inbound certification course. Do you have a link?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@Rev Dress who? Dress what?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@Rev Love the hippie chic man!
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Belew HubSpot Academy click here
Post 13 • IP   flag post
28689 13 13
destitute