BillBelew.com
Analytics

Google analytics on WordPress920

Member labellecleo private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, I recently installed Google analytics by yeast plug-in into WordPress. I was wondering if it automatically inserts the tracking scripts into the pages or if I still need to manually put that into each post?

Where is it best to place the script?

Thanks.
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Member dono2081 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @labellecleo -- You will want to go back into that plugin, find the tutorial / instructions, and follow them. There's a specific spot where your UA code is placed.

Once that code is properly placed, then the plugin will automatically insert the javascript and your code onto each page.

You may find a better answer for this question if you look for the support section of the plugin, and/or at Yoast's website.

D
Post 2 • IP   flag post
OK. Thanks. Will check.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@dono2081 I already authenticated when I installed the plug-in and it shows that the UA was accepted. But when I go to Google analytics, it says no tracking id found. That's why I was wondering if I has to place the code into each post.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
@labellecleo Are you logged into the right Google Analytics account? It should be the original one that was set up and matches the UA code you have in Wordpress. I have had clients come to me in the past that have either confused their accounts or had mismatched UA codes. I know that the solution is simplistic but it happens.

If you were adding it to your source code it would be in the header of each page. Since you are using a WP plug-in it there should be a field to insert the UA code.

If you continue to have problems you can send me some screenshots.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Sometimes a refresh or clear cashe helps as well.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Member fredhoot private msg quote post Address this user
I use the Google Analytics by BestWebSoft plugin.
Install it, login to your account, copy the confirmation code and then enter the UA code and save.
Easy and it works.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

Yes. I only have one. :-)
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

I will try refreshing.

@fredhoot

If that doesn't work I will try your suggestion.

Thank you
Post 9 • IP   flag post
When you're done, go into the source code and make sure its in there and square.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

Thanks. It worked finally. :-)

On that note, after how many posts does one start noticing traffic. Hmm right now is a flat line. :-(
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@labellecleo Waiting for site traffic to come in is the horribly exciting part of the site owner experience... Its the kettle that never boils when you're obsessing over it.

Suppress your IP so the numbers aren't skewed. Remember that this is a long-term, almost always agonizing process for most people. Remember to put good stuff in there, talk to the right people, promote (important initially, at some point it will naturally attract), and remember to step away from your computer once in awhile so you don't learn to hate it.

If you need any help- let me know by sending me a message. I am full of free, sometimes useful advice.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
29624 12 12
destitute