BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksInspirationMotivation

What do you do when you wake up early?943

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
It doesn't happen often. But it happens.

Sometimes I wake up long before I planned to.

I have a client meeting that's an hour away and starts at 730 am. I set my alarm for 625. I woke up at 459!

I tried going back to sleep. Not a chance. My head was already into the new week.

What to do?

Check email on my phone? That'll really get my head going. Bad idea. But I did.

Take a look here in the forum? Did that too. Bad idea IF I wanted to go back to sleep.

I get a Bible verse and prayer prompt each morning at 615. They haven't come yet. Maybe I need to set that to an earlier time.

Read a book I am working on? I am not that awake yet.

Go to my desk and check on some things that I have that are ongoing? Nah...

No good answer.

What do you do when you wake up much earlier than you had intended?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
It is a habit to go into prayer mood and read a chapter of the Bible. Then reading EMAiLs. What I realized is I tend to reply to emails very fast. No wonder I can not breathe.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew I just start my Miracle Morning routine that much earlier - this is something that I've made a habit since earlier this year.

Still not a "morning person" after 10 yrs in the Navy and going thru this program but now I have a morning ritual.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

Gonna have to take a look.

Is there a short version or do I need to read the book?
Post 4 • IP   flag post
dono2081 private msg quote post Address this user
The Amazon reviews have a good synposis.

-D
Post 5 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew I'm sure I can create a short video on this but for me it's easy to remember because it's

SAVER -
S - Silence for Meditation
A - Affirmations
V - Visualizing your Goals and Intentions
E - Exercise (same ones mentioned here for writers block)
R - Reading Inspiring Stuff & Writing (I use a combo of Julia Cameron's Morning Pages and working thru coaching exercises)
Post 6 • IP   flag post
rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
It depends on how many hours before the "planned" wake-up and how awake I feel.

3-5 hours ahead - silently chant. Sometimes I go back to sleep during that, sometimes not. The alarm goes off - get out of bed.

1 hour ahead - I try to "check" if I'm awake enough to get out of bed. I don't always believe I'm awake - for better or worse, I don't always trust my "waking" mechanism. I am getting up more often - I'm beginning to trust myself more.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
dono2081 private msg quote post Address this user
Have y'all talked about living the Ideal Day? For me, one aspect of living my ideal is being intentional about what that looks like.

Waking up early is part of my Ideal Day. There's something wonderful about 'being early.'

-D
Post 8 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
I usually mindlessly watch bad tv... while planning on how I could more effectively be using my time and berating myself for not.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
When I wake up early, I have a book (Kindle) to read and that either gets me going for the day or it puts me back to sleep.

This weekend, I was awake each morning before 5 and it was very refreshing.
Post 10 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

Um, what's a tv?
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Hoda private msg quote post Address this user
I pretend I'm going to fall asleep again for about 20 minutes.. then I realize I'm pretending and tell myself to Sit!

I meditate for 15 minutes, express my gratitude for the day, for my awesome family, health, safety you know.. the 100's of things we take for granted.

Sometimes a few stretches before I actually get a move on.
H
Post 12 • IP   flag post
27475 12 12
destitute