BillBelew.com
Business AdviceFacebookNewbie

Needs to Know of Facebook Advertising?946

Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@dmortaz

I hope you'll weigh in here. And anybody else who has experience in Facebook advertising and has gotten real results.

Nobody wants to throw money away.

I am helping my son promote a concert that he will have in a very specific niche - neo-classical piano.

Specific niche, narrow location, limited time = Facebook Ads possibility?

I am looking for some advice on how best to use them.

Help!?

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Teacher Rev private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not big on facebook ads. I just don't trust them. But, hey, that's just me, so ignore my caution.

This sounds like a great place for an active twitter account and a local hashtag.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
Member fredhoot private msg quote post Address this user
I used Facebook to promote a band I played in. After spending $100 per gig announcement, exposure (according to Facebook) was around 2,000 to 3,000 additional people.
We never discovered anyone who attended the concert by seeing the FB event, with the exception of our friends that were already following us.
Here is something we know works: have some 4-ups (on 8-1/2 X 11) advertisements and pass out on windshields in a 2-block radius. Printing on your own printer and then taking to Kinko's to have them cut (around $4 total). You can also target areas where your target clientele hang out.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Member fredhoot private msg quote post Address this user
In short, I found using Facebook to get new customers doesn't work with bands or Second Amendment gatherings.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Member tienny private msg quote post Address this user
It takes me years to grow my Facebook fan page to 78 people.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
29623 5 5
destitute