BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksGenerate Content IdeasInspirationProductivity

SCARY - Before/After Client Testimonial947

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
We love it when we get a very positive testimonial from a client.

But have you ever given a client a testimonial?

One of my clients is an MD who specializes in weight loss.

I am an expert on weight loss ... weight gain, too.

I decided to implement his strategy. What did I have to lose, right?

Well, a lot. 40 lbs so far. Getting it off, hard as it is, is the easy part. Keeping it off ... the bigger challenge.

The rest of this thread is scary. Continue on at your own risk.

Have you every wondered what losing 40 lbs looks like - 16% of your body weight?

A couple of images to illustrate. Try to get past the ugly old man who's the model. 8-)

I think I got shorter, too.

Post 1 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
I'm a big fan of feeling better - not only with ourselves but in general. I'm not a big fan of "diets" - just not a word I use. But if you feel better.. more energy, more positive, then I'm all for it - before/after pic or not.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@jycmba

It feels good to feel good.

I thought I felt good before tackling my weight. ... again. Now I *do* feel good. Really good.

I didn't know how much excess I was carrying around till I put so much down.

It makes me wonder where else in my life and in my business I might be carrying excess baggage and not even know it.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
@Belew - how you do one thing is how you do everything else..

I need to blog about how I taught this lesson in a tango class. Can't take all the credit for the lesson, but only for applying it in a dance class.

Pretty much the same thing with feng shui (the art & science of arranging your surroundings for harmony and prosperity in our lives) - which I have to admit I'm still working on.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
fredhoot private msg quote post Address this user
I need to lose about 45 pounds. I lost 5 pounds this year so far and have another 45 to go. It's hard and a long process with lots of ups and downs.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@fredhoot

I can tell you how I did it. It wasn't fun. But it worked.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
Guess this is inspiring another post for me - below are some of my key life lessons on maintaining my physical health (I often get asked whether I work out - I do not)

(thanks again for @Rev on getting me started with Workflowy - it's become my "go to" tool for tracking blogging ideas.. better than Evernote because it's so easy for this purpose)

1) get lots of rest - when we stress our bodies with overwork and lack of sleep, it triggers a defense mechanism from our primitive days that stores fat because that is how we survived back then.. sometimes not knowing where our next meal's coming from, our bodies prepare

2) test-test-test - pay attention to how different foods make you feel; ideally, write it down in a small journal & track THAT instead of calories

3) drink lots of water - no surpise there but it amazes me how much corn syrup people ingest - I have to admit that sometimes I catch myself with other sources (did you know how much is in something like ketchup?)

Of course, you've heard a lot of the same stuff - but in true Pareto fashion these are probably my top 3 for the most effective ways to be healthier.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
morrnel private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like you now have more hair. Could that be from having less flesh to cover?
I bet you feel tons better.

I am carrying a 50 pound bag of rice/potatoes/? with me. I use that because I can feel what carrying a fifty pound bag feels like.

@Hoda - help!
Post 8 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
I believe in the reciprocal nature of LinkedIn reviews, recommendations, and endorsements.
Post 9 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

I get recommendations from people I don't know and may have met me when I spoke perhaps.

How can I recommend them if I don't know them?
Post 10 • IP   flag post
lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
Very true. I know everyone rhat I have recommended, endorsed, and reviewed... sharing the love man.
Post 11 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger

Share the love indeed.

But only when it is genuinely deserved. ...me thinks.
Post 12 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
@Belew You look better and healthier after losing your weight.

Even I love to feel healthier. Now, I feel healthier after I shed my weight last year. Now, I am learning to be more healthier.
Post 13 • IP   flag post
27629 13 13
destitute