BillBelew.com
BloggingContent CreationContent MarketingFeedbackGenerate Content Ideas

Dedicated Content Writer/In-bounder Wanted950

lunar_ranger private msg quote post Address this user
Are you a professional writer-with a passion for content and in-bound marketing strategy? Can you inspire a "cult like" or raving following? Can you transform really niche, industry specific subject material and transform it into something beautiful, memorable, and shareable? Are you available to really dive into an industry, learn the business and process side of things and evoke these things to write and edit thought leadership, semi-promotional and informational articles, blogs, eBooks, etc? Are you willing to subject yourself to multiple layers of nuanced review (while holding on to semi-autonomy)? If so, I would like to hear from you...and I will include details that don't involve questions or have it sound like an infomercial. Send me an in-box message or email me: bheyworth1@gmail.com
Post 1 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
Although I feel that I've gotten to know you from this forum@lunar_ranger, here are some things to consider if you're going to post this more widely..

Like all ads my first question reading this would be "what's in it for me?"

Recently, I came across this idea that when approached by someone we don't know, it's like the old days of stumbling across another tribe.

In other words our natural reaction is suspicion, and the default answer is always "no."

The trick in writing ads is to quickly build a connection because there isn't the "get to know you" time available. One "shortcut" is story.

You've got a lot of qualifiers but nothing about "why" someone would want to work with you. It's mostly why you would want to work with the writer.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@jycmba I hate writing job posting (but have done quite a bit of them), and I am not taking myself too seriously here (just open discussion and peek interest). Maybe I should care enough to craft a story to draw prospectors in, the cheese was applied intentionally and thought it might ease the conversation I was hoping would ensue. The opportunity is real, and my "tribe" should be approached with a certain degree of-awareness, again the challenge may be worth the benefit here. Again, the 'I' is a 'we', and I thought it might be better to summarize that in a series of questions- that might reveal something about the respondent, qualifications, ability to respond to ambiguously placed questions, and character. I am willing to see where this takes me- and may approach this differently the more feedback I receive.

I am not circulating or promoting this anywhere else... This will be an outsourced relationship, likely a contracted content management position with option to renew. I am not the decision maker but am very influential in the selection process. I wanted to put forum members eyes on this before going full official in my approach.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Tashagabrielle private msg quote post Address this user
Another question unanswered is if the position could be done remotely or if you had to be local? Either one greatly affecting the sort of responses that you will be getting.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Its an outsourced position- remote.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger - you may want to check out my posting on Neville Medhora's strategy.

It's the best one I've seen and will probably save you a lot of wasted time and effort.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@jycmba OK, thank you! I should have been a bit more reserved in presenting this to the forum- especially the method which I chose to do it. I will go after a formal job posting-in a proper job posting platform, though I am a pretty unconventional person (when finding talent). This is probably not best suited here.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@lunar_ranger - no problem; I'm by no means an expert but I often play one on TV.

If you'd ever like a free consult, just book a time here - https://calendly.com/jycmba

(This is also an open invite to all Forum members.)
Post 8 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
@lunar_ranger

What's your budget?
Post 9 • IP   flag post
"Are you willing to subject yourself to multiple layers of nuanced review..."

Brings my grandmother's saying to mind, "Too many cooks spoil the broth."
Post 10 • IP   flag post
Lets chat off-line @Rev. Talking about too many cooks "spoiling the broth".
Post 11 • IP   flag post
Actually, I prefer stone soup.

@lunar_ranger: therev@ourhutch.com
Post 12 • IP   flag post
@Rev Fancy that. lol
Post 13 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@lunar_ranger

Did you find the person you were looking for?
Post 14 • IP   flag post
We're entertaining different outsourcing relationships right now, until we can bring someone in-house.
Post 15 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@lunar_ranger

Do you want me to help you with this?

May I ask where you are looking? I have some contacts.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
dmortaz private msg quote post Address this user
For me the alarm bells went up when I saw the string "Are you willing to subject yourself to multiple layers of nuanced review"! This is a huge drain of my creative process cause everyone could pull the content in a different direction.

I have blogged for start-ups where the CEO felt he had an opinion on EVERYTHING related to the blog. From the PHOTO selection to the style of the theme and then the content itself.
And when I asked him to PAY for a Library of photos to use, he didn't want to spend the money.

With this offer the challenge will be that every tom-dick-and-harry will offer an opinon which is a HUGE drain of creative process.

Unless there is a well defined subject matter, scope and content guidelines, I would run from these kind of assignments.
Post 17 • IP   flag post
25130 17 17
destitute