BillBelew.com
BrainstormingBusiness AdviceInspiration

Is there an easy way to get good results?972

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I am not immune to wanting to get really good results without working really hard for them.

It's the American way - to get the most out of the least.

I was made in America. But I grew up in Japan ... sorta.

I don't want to be guilty of always thinking I need to do things the hard and thorough way (Japanese).

Nor do I want to fall into get (rich, results, quality ...) fast mindset when it can't be done. Or can it?

What's the easiest way you have found to get the best results?

Teach me!
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Rev private msg quote post Address this user
Have you read Demming, Out Of The Crisis? While the book is written from the industrial quality control perspective, the principles apply to individual entrepreneurial endeavors.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
@Rev

Is it an easy read? Can somebody just tell me the key points? 8-)

Kidding, of course. I will take a look.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Polyglot private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone! I got curious by the thread, and would like to share my point of view based on my own experiences, if I may?

"The easy route" I have to admit is incredibly tempting. However...I found, that taking the easy route in the end leaves you wanting insights.
I personally find nothing more rewarding, than diving into a startup project and getting my hands dirty. Learning a process from the inside out, or better yet, creating it with a team of ambitious people. Getting to know people, hiring the right individuals, sitting down doing research and building connections... the whole nine yards, you know what I mean. And then seeing it through all the way to it's birth, is the ultimate feel good pill for me.

And at that point I don't care if I have over exerted myself. Or if I've spent more time working at a random location 17 - 18hrs/day for an x amount of months, than at my home.

This may sound silly, but even if none of those projects were under my own company, I did find it rewarding, and I still do.

So yeah, the easy route may be the simplest, but then again... wouldn't we be missing out on new lessons and noteworthy interactions? You know... the ones, that turn into relationships and challenge you to be even better tomorrow?

@Rev: I'm curious about the book. Thank you for the tip! I am always on the look out for new reading material.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@Polyglot

Your perspective on doing things right even they are hard are spot on.

But it still doesn't decrease the yearning for doing something the easy way and getting more than I bargained for sometimes. Okay...maybe just once.

Thanks for sharing!
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Polyglot private msg quote post Address this user
I fully agree with you, specially when things go topsy turvy, the yearning for having someone else do it for you, or fast track it all together get's of course stronger. It's human nature.

What easy routes have you been contemplating on @belew?

I admit that I hopped onto the twitter bandwagon, to build a following and now sift through it every couple of hours, to find and keep relevant people. (Never had a twitter account, till I decided to do my own thing. I believe in real relationships and the quality of connections.)
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@Polyglot

I am not seriously contemplating any 'easy routes.'

Just wistful thinking.

Unless ... you know something I don't. 8=)
Post 7 • IP   flag post
@Polyglot Keep an eye on @Steve here. He's made Twitter work for him.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
24991 8 8
destitute