BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksMotivationProductivity

Most Productive Day of the Week977

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
I am a church goer. I regularly go to a Saturday evening service.

As a result I have Sundays almost completely free.

I can get a lot done on Sundays. No one else around me is working. And I feel like I am getting a big jump on the week. I often do get a big jump, too.

What's your most productive day of the week?
Post 1 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
No particular. It is the day when there is no internet and nobody.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
I sometimes notice my productivity goes down. After I take a day off, the productivity goes back up. That "day off" is sometimes a day at the beach - more often, it's working on a "lower-level", less important project that is different from what I had been doing for day after day after day after day it's nowhere near done day after day after day ....

.... sometimes those lower-level less important projects are more important - in their own way.
Post 3 • IP   flag post
jycmba private msg quote post Address this user
@rcayeras - lately I've started to make Fridays my "creative day"..

This is a throwback to Julia Cameron's Artist Dates.

It's both a chance to "empty the cup" and allow things to surface -

..these thoughts and ideas often get added to my Workflowy list (thanks to @Rev) and become blog posts.

But I agree sometimes downshifting is the most productive use of our time!
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Belew private msg quote post Address this user
Sometimes I don't get anything done. And sometimes I get a whole lot of nothing done. Today was a day to get a whole lot of nothing done.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
Steve private msg quote post Address this user
It's not days with me, but focus ... if I am focused I can do more in a few hours than I can in a whole day that I am not focused.

Best way to stay focused is to remove all distractions such as phones, emails, social media ... all of these interrupt us and cause distractions. Microsoft did some research on this and came to the conclusion that it can take up to 15 minutes to get back to being fully focused and producing your best after an interruption.

It's also a good idea to break every 90 minutes...
Post 6 • IP   flag post
tienny private msg quote post Address this user
Focus helps me too. And to add who am I with. Being with encouraging people helps too.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
26766 7 7
destitute