BillBelew.com
Belew SpeaksConferencesMotivation

Call for Speakers @ World Education Congress989

Belew private msg quote post Address this user
The World Education Congress has issued a call for presentations.

This is the largest (2500+) gathering of meeting professionals each year.

I didn't know anybody. I had no strings to pull. I just filled out the application and fired it off ... for the 2015 version in San Francisco. And I got asked to speak.

Not easy, but it is possible to rise up through the deep pool of applicants.

Maybe you can speak at the WEC in Atlantic City, NJ next year.

Click => Call for Presentations - World Education Congress

and give it your best shot ... you know you want to.

Post 1 • IP   flag post
Faculty Conclave and Reception.

Hanging out with other faculty members and event organizers in other countries (Thailand is hosting) who are looking for speakers.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
You can find the World Education Congres (WEC) in San Francisco on:
Facebook
Twitter
and
LinkedIn
The official hashtag is #WEC15 / #MPI
Post 3 • IP   flag post
dono2081 private msg quote post Address this user
@belew
I know your background a bit ... do you have suggestions for these pieces of the criteria?

* Session Format Incorporates Adult Learning Techniques for Thinking, Connecting and Applying Learning
* Learning Outcomes Are Clear, Specific, Immediately Applicable, and Supported By The Content Provided

I've always wanted to put some academic language into the presentation ideas I've submitted. I just don't have the vocabulary.

Want to share?

What are the names used to describe "Adult Learning Techniques?"
and
What is the appropriate format / style / and a few examples of "Learning Outcomes?"

-D
Post 4 • IP   flag post
@dono2081

I see this and I will up you 2. Kidding. I will come back to this. It's more than an in-passing reply.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
for shizzle my dizzle.
Post 6 • IP   flag post
@dono2081

There is no specialized language to use. That being said ...

* Session Format Incorporates Adult Learning Techniques for Thinking, Connecting and Applying Learning

Adults want case studies, practical how-tos, real-world examples, relevance to their audience, actionable items ...

* Learning Outcomes Are Clear, Specific, Immediately Applicable, and Supported By The Content Provided

Clear takeaways for the attendees. Now that you know this, you and your team's next steps are these. Here's what you will know after you leave that you didn't know before you came.

I threw the following description into the huge pile of applications and it was accepted.

Belew's Topic - So, You Have an Event. How Do You Get Noticed and People to Attend?

It is easier for people to find you and your event than for you to find them. This session explains the how-to of inbound marketing through mastering social media and content marketing strategies. No theory, just what works

Dr. Bill Belew will deliver actual case studies from firsthand experience, from client experiences, and from students' experience in a controlled research setting.

No dry facts. Lively storytelling with real world application. Lots of give and take between the audience and presenter in the popular and effective AMA (Ask Me Anything) style.

Learner Outcomes

- Walk away with a strategy to become visible online to real and relevant visitors that convert into attendees.
- Examine from hard numbers where and how to prioritize your social networking efforts.
- Create an unlimited number of topics to add to your event sites that will inspire, educate, entertain, and lead.
Post 7 • IP   flag post
Awesome, thanks!
D
Post 8 • IP   flag post
@dono2081

I aim to please. 8-)
Post 9 • IP   flag post
25144 9 9
destitute