BillBelew.com
Teacher SusanDay private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a challenge I have set myself for the new year.

I have this week to get it done, too.

I have a connection / ownership to 8 blogs. That is to say I have the freedom to write for them without permission.

I am going to write an article for each site linking to one of the other sites.

All articles will have 2 external links to a blog article, not so much the site itself, but something relevant and specific.

As well, each one will have an internal link to a relevant article on the site.

The article may not mention the other site, but will reference something significant which I can then link to.

I have to keep in mind the intended audience of each site when writing, and not the audience the external link will, well, link to.

I plan to publish each post on each website at a different time and day each week for 7 weeks. There will be no pattern to this.

Confused?

Don't worry, it took me a while to get my head around it, but this is what I came up with:

I also have a secret formula which I use to make this whole process simpler and easy (if you ask nicely, I might tell).

Wish me luck!

Anyone want to join me??

Post 1 IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay

I did something very similar to this .. but much much less organized... and not by myself.

I had a room full of 40 MBA students and I made them do with one another what you are planning to do by yourself.

I am interested.

Can you tell me the topics of the destination sites? Or do we need to do that by private IM?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay--Good grief! Wow. Such detailed planning. So impressed.

So, what is your relationship with these blogs? Are they all your sites?
Post 3 IP   flag post
No secrets here, @Belew

For this site,susanday.net, which is dedicated to language, authors and writing, the titles are:

A New Magazine for Authors by Authors (enthralledmagazine.com)
What 3 Things Should You Know About Book Subscription Services? (astrosadventuresbookclub.com)
The Top 3 Doggie Idioms and What They Mean (mypuppyclub.net)
Cat’s That Have Influenced Literature and Our Lives (mykittyclub.com)
How can Journaling Improve Your Writing Skills (thejournalingclub.com)
Authors Discovering the Truth about Being Stress-Free (stressinallitsguises.com)
What Authors Don’t Understand About Blogging and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)(getonlinefast.net)

My secret is to write the titles first.

I have completed the above posts, and will start on writing for the next site. Although, I wouldn't mind having 40 students writing for me!
Post 4 IP   flag post
@gspieler Yes, most are mine - the challenge is writing articles that can be linked in some way but still meet the audience of the hosting site.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
@SusanDay...I learn so much from you every day. Thank you for all your generosity.

If we get back to Australia, love to connect with you there. Or, if you get to California, make a date for coffee.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@gspieler Absolutely, the kettle is always on
Post 7 IP   flag post
vicky4227 private msg quote post Address this user
Hope it works out well for you.
Good Luck
Post 8 IP   flag post
@vicky4227 Thank you!

I'm almost done!
Post 9 IP   flag post