BillBelew.com
Forum Admin BigPoppi private msg quote post Address this user
@belew ah shucks!

I already assumed @gspieler had something to sell....

As you've seen it's easy to create the audience, you've done it. Had you had something to sell you'd be making money.

The ability to target and create audiences is easier than ever if you know how...it costs money but as you've seen not a lot. It is also so cheap to test.

It's certainly easier this way than spending money creating something to sell and then discovering no one is interested.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Member gspieler private msg quote post Address this user
@belew @BigPoppi--Thanks. It's the "what do I sell?" question that gets me.

However, what I think you are saying that because he has a very nice long list, advertisers are on his site when people go to it?

Is he selling his information or services? Or do people end up paying for access?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Forum Owner Belew private msg quote post Address this user
@BigPoppi Lots of folks make 'stuff' then go looking for people to want it.

Perhaps it is better to find people ... learn what they want ... then sell them that. No?
Post 28 IP   flag post
@gspieler - actually I told him putting advertisers on his site was the wrong way if he wanted to make real money. It certainly can pay the bills and @belew is the guru at that.

You need to be selling products to make real money, someone else's, yours or your knowledge.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@gspieler

Someone on Tyler's site guest posted a review of products that are relevant to his audience. The guest post ranked very well organically.

Just that one post ... and because Tyler knew that one post performed well already, he started promoting that post to look-a-like audience on FB.

Result - post started performing even better.
Post 30 IP   flag post

@belew: Thanks. I just had two sessions with a Facebook ad person (free consultation). She helped me understand what the various "ad" options will bring the kind of audience one is looking for for what result.

I found these sessions to be very helpful.

I'm trying to do a couple of things: #1 is to build a platform for future writing projects. Being able to show visibility makes a big difference with publishers.

I'd LOVE to make money online but have never been able to figure that out? I'm really careful not to market myself as some sort of writing or publishing expert. I see too much of that in my various writing communities.

An example: A husband and wife couple would hold writing conference workshops on how to land a literary agent, when neither of them had agent?

I hate that.
Post 31 IP   flag post
@gspieler

I hear you ... ppl telling you how to but haven't done it yet themselves.

To make money online is no different than off line.

Have a product that people want and match the product to the people who want it.

You need both ... a product and people.

@BigPoppi has demonstrated he knows how to do this.

I have replicated his approach.

He and I are thinking out loud (well behind the scenes here) ... abt putting together a day, 2 or 3 to bring folks together and show, not tell, how to do it as well ... among other useful info.
Post 32 IP   flag post
@belew--sign me up.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belew
@BigPoppi Lots of folks make 'stuff' then go looking for people to want it.

Perhaps it is better to find people ... learn what they want ... then sell them that. No?

Yes, find out what the audience wants. Some would say how do you know what they want?

Simple, ask them!
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspieler
@belew: Thanks. I just had two sessions with a Facebook ad person (free consultation). She helped me understand what the various "ad" options will bring the kind of audience one is looking for for what result.

I found these sessions to be very helpful.

I'm trying to do a couple of things: #1 is to build a platform for future writing projects. Being able to show visibility makes a big difference with publishers.

I'd LOVE to make money online but have never been able to figure that out? I'm really careful not to market myself as some sort of writing or publishing expert. I see too much of that in my various writing communities.

An example: A husband and wife couple would hold writing conference workshops on how to land a literary agent, when neither of them had agent?

I hate that.

No offense, but if one isn't an expert or know more than their student, then why would they pay someone who isn't?

Also, because you hate something you don't do it?

Isn't the better reasoning that if there are fakes and frauds out there, then you go and do it the right way?

Perfect example is higher education. Going to college to learn from those that teach theory. Take your money and give it to someone online who's doing it.

Perfection is the downfall of making money!
Post 35 IP   flag post
@BigPoppi Yes. It goes to those setting up the conference and not investigating the speakers.

Anyway, onward. Lots to learn.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I think I met the Easter Bunny. Or I could just say I am eating my words.

I used to say people making money on Facebook are like the Easter Bunny. You hear a lot abt them but you never meet them.

Not any more.

I met a fellow ... he sits across the table from me ... usually ... in my office at Panera.

@BigPoppi gave us a crash course in Facebook ads. I kicked my buddy hard enough and long enough ... that now he is making money hand over fist (well not that much .... yet).

Here's a look ... he was making some money before, but can you tell where/when the Facebook ads kicked in?

Post 37 IP   flag post
@belew...So what does he sell?
Post 38 IP   flag post
@gspieler

Somebody wrote a review on his website for head shavers.

He boosts the link to that review on his Facebook.

People click thru to Amazon to buy the razors .. but more often than not they buy something else (empty out their cart) ...

He's made more money just because ppl went thru his link to get to Amazon than because they bought something.

He has no product ... just a link to a very good review of products.

Does this make sense?
Post 39 IP   flag post
He will make much more when he starts selling his own product, either one he owns or one he actually resells.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Member rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
Note - this is a copy of what I posted on another forum page - sharing my recent experience:

"Boosting" on Facebook works. People outside of meetup became members and some attended my last workshop. The ROI -
The physical attendance was about what I expected - 0.1% signed in. $35 over a 12-day period to reach 2000 - 6000, 3 new clients signed in.
The increased membership and followers on 2 meetup pages and 1 facebook page - about 30.

That may not sound huge, but neither was the investment. Facebook has been around for years - this was my 1st attempt to take facebook seriously. For now, I will restrict using Facebook ads to workshops. I am encouraged to hold those more often!

Next trial - does it really increase traffic to an ebay store?
Post 41 IP   flag post
@rcayeras

Well done and thanks for sharing.

I, too, am reluctant to admit that Facebook has matured.

I have also been educated on this.

Churchill said "I don't mind learning, but sometimes I don't like being taught."

I been taught!

Can you provide a link to your ad for your last workshop?
Post 42 IP   flag post
Member rcayeras private msg quote post Address this user
What I did is probably the same everyone else does.
Look at the default words the ad selects from the original description, and put in what I guess are better SEO words.

The audience - I didn't think it out. I limited it to San Jose, which was the location of the event. But most people can drive, and most commute somewhere to work.
Post 43 IP   flag post
jeanericblass private msg quote post Address this user
Do you guys know that how simple it is to use facebook audience inside for getting conversion in just 60mints in a very low cost. If you guys not know then believe me i will suggest you guys to check a well written article in withintheflow, i am sure you will be expert in facebook audience insight.
Post 44 IP   flag post
jeanericblass private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanericblass
Do you guys know that how simple it is to use facebook audience inside for getting conversion in just 60mints in a very low cost. If you guys not know then believe me i will suggest you guys to check a well written article in withintheflow, i am sure you will be expert in facebook audience insight.
Here is the guide i am talking about...facebook audience insights
Post 45 IP   flag post
30403 45 20
destitute